A woman in Tennessee and a man in Michigan both recently had a rare strain of strep throat that led to amputation.
According to Teen Vogue, a local ABC affiliate said, "Shelby had a rare strain of strep throat in which the bacteria is particularly aggressive. It caused her to go into septic shock, and made her fingers and toes turn black, resulting in many of them being amputated."
Strange enough, something similar happened to a man in Michigan last week. CNN reports, "Kevin Breen's severe case of septic shock, the toxins from the strep organism and medications he was on led to the need to amputate parts of his feet and hands." It's scary that this strain is so rare and has affected two people so recently.
Be careful out there and go to the doctor if you are feeling under the weather. It's better to be safe than sorry.
A Michigan man developed a rare strep throat infection that led to amputations of parts of his hands and feet https://t.co/V0RYYfJe6u https://t.co/vt1GdMdkWh
Mary Brooke Beasley has a healthy obsession with all things related to cats, fashion, and the color pink! She mainly writes trending topics, celebrity gossip, and lifestyle pieces.