The hashtag #DontHaveToWorry is trending on Twitter and the responses range from inspirational to downright hilarity.
Unfortunately, it's human nature to get anxious and become overwhelmed. It's pretty much unavoidable. You've got deadlines at work, stuff to get done around the house, outside appointments, family members and their problems and a social life. These are a part of life, and life doesn't always go smoothly or as planned. But good news, there are some things that are simply out of your control, so don't worry and let the following five things go right now!
What People Think Of You:
- The other day, a friend told me that her friend wasn't a huge fan of my choices or lifestyle. My friend then said to me, "Don't let this get you down. I love you, your family loves you and my friend is just a snob!" Right then it occurred to me, my friend's friend can take it or leave it. Who cares what people think. As long as you are happy and doing what you need to do be successful, who on earth cares what Jim Bob down the street or Sally at work thinks of you. People will always judge, keep that in mind. Just walk away with a confident attitude and you're all set!
- You are who you are. Sure, you can apply makeup, dye your hair, vary up your wardrobe, but at the end of the day, you are who you are inside and out. People will always compare their physicalities to others. It's always greener on the other side. But at some point, you need to realize that no one is flawless. You need come to terms with what you have to offer. Be comfortable in your own skin.
Other People's Drama:
- You have your own crap to deal with. No reason to exert more energy to worry constantly about others. This is not to say you shouldn't help a friend, relative or even a stranger. We just mean you should do this in moderation. Do what you can always. But you also have to worry about you. Especially after a long work week, you need to spend more time unwinding and less time trying to solve other's problems.
The Past and Future:
- Whatever is meant to be will be. You can't predict the future. All you can do is live your life in the best way possible and strive to make the right decisions. Whatever happened in the past was meant to be. Don't let it destroy your future. Worry about the present. Focus on the "now". Leave your past experiences behind or let them mold you into an even better person for the future.
- We all make them. We are all young once. Even adults make mistakes. That's what makes us human. We make mistakes, but we should learn from them. Initially, you will drown in fret and worry. But over time, you must learn to move on and realize those mistakes were meant to happen to teach you a valuable lesson. Still not convinced? Check out this quote from WiseOldSayings.com:
"A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than he was yesterday."
And now on a lighter note, let's find out what this Twitter chatter is all about.
you #DontHaveToWorry about packing your things, I took care of it.
DontHaveToWorry cause wine exists..
I #DontHaveToWorry about going to the gym. I have a fitness plan.
You #DontHaveToWorry about the past.. let bygones be bygones
DontHaveToWorry I've only had a couple few drinks https://t.co/TRlrAaGi72
DontHaveToWorry about what people think if you stay true to yourself.
Sarah Francis is a half-Palestinian journalism junkie, a proud Charlotte, NC native with an oversized sweet tooth, and an active world traveler. Ask her where she's headed next. (@Sarah_Francis25)