Here's the latest on the clean up after Hurricane Irma, as of Friday, 6/15 at 6am. And for information on FEMA, scams/fraud, specific Tampa Bay area county updates, Red Cross & more, click HERE.
FLORIDA TOLL ROADS: (As of 6am Friday 9/15): Tolls are still suspended & there's no word yet on when they'll start collecting again on. Check Florida's Turnpike System website before you travel.
ANIMAL SHELTERS: Tampa Bay area animal shelters have taken in a bunch of animals that were displaced because of Hurricane Irma and they need your help. They're also looking for donations of supplies to help with this huge influx of pets, including food, treats, cat litter, pet toys and gently used towels. If you can help, contact one of these shelters:
- Humane Society Of Tampa Bay
- Humane Society Of Pinellas
- Pet Pal Rescue
- Suncoast Animal League
- SPCA of Tampa Bay
- Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Sarasota, Manatee, Polk & Hernando Counties are all scheduled to reopen Monday, 9/18. (Please check your individual school district's website to confirm & get updates.)
POWER COMPANIES (as of 6am Friday 9/14): Right now:
- Click HERE to get updates on TECO.
- Click HERE to get updates on Duke Energy.
- Click HERE to get updates on Florida Power & Light.
- Click HERE to get updates on Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative.
- Click HERE for outage information for Lakeland Electric.
— Tampa Electric (@TampaElectric) September 15, 2017
— Duke Energy (@DukeEnergy) September 14, 2017
— FPL (@insideFPL) September 15, 2017
WREC Linemen are climbing poles on East 54 in flooded areas to make repairs and restore power.
10,970 customers remain out of power as of 1 p.m. 95% of those customers will have their power restored by end of day Sunday, 09/17/17. pic.twitter.com/heBmK9sTr0
— Lakeland Electric (@mylkldelectric) September 14, 2017