It's the time of year for the office Christmas party. Be careful people ~ Keith Connors
While it can be fun to relax and have some fun with your co-workers, it can be a little tricky to navigate the party, particularly with alcohol involved, so you don't damage your standing at work.
Business Insider offers 17 tips for surviving your office holiday party, which include:
- Show up for it. This isn't something you should skip.
- Ask about the dress code ahead of time, and remember it's a business event.
- Use the party to meet people you don't already know.
- Don't talk politics.
- Know you drinking limit!
- Don't get romantic with another employee.
- Don't be the last one to leave.
- Don't go to the third venue. It's okay to go out someplace with your co-workers after the party ends, but don't go to a third venue after that. Because: "It's no longer the 'happy hour' crowd. It's now the 'let's rage' crowd."
- Only post positive things about the party and other attendees on social media and ask people before posting photos of them.
- Make it to work the next day.