Latest from b98.7 FM

Sarasota Man Dies After Eating Bad Oysters

This story will hit close to home if you're a seafood lover. MySuncoast.com reports a 71 year old man died after eating oysters at a restaurant in Sarasota. The oysters apparently had a flesh-eating bacteria as it was only two days after eating them that he passed. They're not saying the name of the restaurant.…

Ford Recalls 550,000 Vehicles

We have a recall to tell you about today that impacts roughly 550,000 Ford vehicles. Evidently, a gearshift problem in some Ford cars and SUVs could cause the vehicles to roll away unexpectedly! The recall covers Fusion sedans from 2013 through 2016 as well as some 2013 and 2014 Escape models. Ford says a bushing…

Product Safety Warning: Kid's Slime Toys

There's a new warning out about slime toys that are super popular with the kids. A consumer group called "Which?" tested 11 slime products and found that 8 of them had higher than recommended levels of boron and could be dangerous to children playing with it. That's according to The Telegraph that reports that exposure to…

VIDEO: 'Firenado' Turns Into Waterspout

The video below is both terrifying and amazing to watch. A couple were driving along the border between California and Arizona border when they spotted a brush fire. They stopped on the banks of the Colorado river to watch the fire develop, but fire evolved into a twisting fire storm of smoke and flame that…